Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

ignorance

I can't get one of them
out.
OUT of my head.

Bouncing, banging, bashing between my ears
it is.
Loud
Hard
Sharp

Stabbing like a knife.
Screeching
as nails on a chalkboard.
Rubber
screaming on pavement
tires locking before the hit.

It is not a disease
Loud-
It is not a disease.
Hard-
A state of mind,
Sharp-
nothing more.

"Depression is not a disease,
it is a state of mind
and nothing more."
Slam!
"Get over it."
Slam!
SLAM!

a state of mind
a state of mind...
Get
Over
It.

Loud. Hard. Sharp.
SLAM!

ouch.

Related post: JK Rowling speaks of suicide--HATE responds

No comments:



.