Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, April 7, 2008

Week Four Round-Up

Whew! Tough week. Legs really tired this week. Many runs required hours of motivational self-talk to get out the door and occassionally a fully clothed (running clothes, that is) nap, too! Gotta get back in the pool, I think, to give my legs a little regeneration time, but I know I may not have the energy to swim and run, so I have been hesitant to swim and potentially miss more runs. It's a game of craps, this depression. I cannot know if the dice will allow another roll, or if the house will take all of my energy, leaving me broke after only the first toss! It's a crap-shoot.
And with that, here's week four of the Garry Bjorklund Half-Marathon Training Program.

Week Four: March 31 - April 6, 2008
Ran: 5 days
Miles: 28.2
Long run: 8.6 miles
Speedwork: ugh! Only about 1 mile at tempo pace.
Found Money: $0.11

Have an energetic week everyone!

No comments:



.