Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Week Seven Round-Up

Here is the summary of my seventh week of training for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon. It was an interesting week. The weather could NOT make up its mind whether it was spring, summer or winter! My brain was tired one day, my legs tired the next. Multiple motivational naps were necessary. But I persevered!

Week Seven: April 21-27, 2008
Ran: 6 days
Miles: 36.4
Long Run: 8.3 miles (split into 2 shorter runs)
Speedwork: 4 miles at tempo pace
Hills: 7 x 85 seconds each (0.2 miles each)
Found Money: $0.17

I was even able to run and swim yesterday, and swimming felt easy! Who would have ever thought I'd say that! Feel my legs are getting stronger, but that right achilles tendon is starting to whisper, too. I'll have to keep an eye on that from here on out. Have a happy, safe and injury-free week, everyone!

1 comment:

Michelle (the beartwinsmom) said...

Keep up the great progress, Etta!! I'm cheering you on from here!

Hugs, Michelle



.