Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Week Six Round-Up

Despite some mood dives this week, a really good week of running! Here is the summary for week six of the Garry Bjorklund Half-Marathon Training Program.

Week Six: April 14 - 20, 2008
Ran: 6 days
Miles: 37.9!
Long Run: 9.2 miles
Speedwork: 4 miles at tempo pace
Hills: 10 x 25 seconds each (supposed to do 6 x 90 seconds, but my hill was short!)
Found Money: $0.27

I ended last week's post with the thought that I needed to up my mileage. I certainly accomplished that goal! My legs really felt it during yesterday's 9-miler, too! The next off day isn't scheduled until Friday, but that would be 9 consecutive running days for me. Unheard of! Based on the fatigued legs I felt yesterday, I think today may be a good day to hit the pool.
Happy running!

6 comments:

crackedheadblog said...

Saw you tagged/commented Louisey. Isn't she something?

Got a new pair of Asics yesterday. Reading about your regimen has tired me though. I'm gonna take my afternoon nod then go for a brisk 40 to 60 minute walk. When I get below 160 I think I'll try running again. I love the high. 200 hundred yards at the beginning will probably be enough for me to cop the buzz. Yeah, I'm quite the physical specimen.

Have a good day. You're something too.

Michelle (the beartwinsmom) said...

Way to go on the mileage! I hope you have a fantastic week running. :-)

Hugs, Michelle aka The Beartwinsmom

etta said...

Thank you both for the kudos!
PJ, you have no idea how thrilled I am that you've got some new shoes and plan to put them to use! Look out! I will convert you! Before you know what's happened you'll be entering a local 5K, and LIKING it! My conversion rate is likely better than most televangelists, and a lot cheaper, too! Enjoy the shoes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancie said...

Glad you are doing so well with running :) Take care and hope you don't over strain. Happy Running!

Anonymous said...

I'm a student in Shelli's class (the guy that doesn't like the label "consumers"). Just wanted to say thanks for coming and speaking to our class last week. I think it's great that you're out there educating people and fighting the stigma of mental health disorders. Anyways, Thanks again!
Jeff



.