Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Asking for Help--another thing I suck at.


My boy ruptured his ACL and possibly tore his medial meniscus (cartilage) beyond repair. The ACL is totally repairable, but if my vet has to remove the meniscus, Puck will have bone-on-bone contact for the rest of his days in that knee--not a good prospect for a runner. Surgery, to the tune of $2,000.00 is Thursday. I hate asking for help. I suck at asking for help. I wrote an entire post about this very subject earlier today... but with the thousands of dollars of flood-damage repairs I have recently begun undertaking in my home, this was poor timing to say the least. I've set up a donation link. If you are inclined and able to help defray the cost of getting my soulmate and running partner back on all four feet, I will be eternally and humbly grateful.
Thank you so much, and please keep Puck in your prayers on Thursday.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

etta,

I'll do what I can. Please keep us updated on the amount over time...

Anonymous said...

http://crackedheadblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/puck-needs-a-new-knee/



.