Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, May 19, 2008

I would not have been invited.

The month of May is Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Month. Borderline Personality Disorder is a treatable, curable condition. Recovery requires a willingness to let go of old thoughts and behaviors and a commitment to work hard learning and practicing new ones. Read more of my thoughts about BPD, compassion, and recovery here:
This is the link to my most recent post at The Second Road.

3 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

WAY TO GO!!! I left you a comment there. :-)

la said...

I know the blog you're talking about and I agree with you. The commenters are entitled to their opinion but there was no need to voice it the way they did. How did it help? What did it change? They just came across as mean girls.

I feel ashamed because I was once a sniper (like you wouldn't believe)and it's fair to say I haven't joined team lovely yet. It's difficult. There is a place for valid criticism, I firmly believe that, but too often valid criticism descends into outright nastiness.

Why is it so hard to live and let be?

Marissa Miller said...

May is EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN Month. (sigh)



.