Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Week Nine Round-Up

A good week! One which started with tired legs and ended with quickly recovered legs! I love when that happens. Unfortunately, Puck has some sore hips and will be unable to partner with me for the next 10 days or so...I hate it when he hurts! So I had to do my 12-miler alone. I now understand the loneliness of the long distance runner. Get well soon, my boy! Here is a summary of week nine of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program.

Week Nine: 5/5/08 - 5/11/08
Ran: 6 days
Miles: 41.5
Long Run: 12.1 miles
Speedwork: 4 miles at tempo pace in middle of 10-miler
Found Money: $0.05--tough week in the dropped change department. Apparently, the gas prices are making those clinking coins worth bending over for these days!

Happy with my mileage and with my quick recovery times during latter half of week. Hope to add a little light strength work this week, as I've been slacking on the sit-ups and push-ups! Also start speedwork this week! Yippee! I like running fast!
Have a great week, everyone!
Get outside!

3 comments:

Marissa Miller said...

I never cease to be amazed at your ability to be long-distance runner. After 1.3 miles, I'm done! (Although I WAS in shape for my 5K about two months ago - lol)

etta said...

Once in shape means you can certainly go there again! The good news is we have "body memory" so it takes less time the second, or third, or fourth time around! Isn't that cool? Go for it!

Marissa Miller said...

lol - my body memory is sorely lacking!!!



.