Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Week Ten Round-Up

With my mood dive at the beginning of the week, I apparently had a big brain cramp! As a result, I totally forgot I ran 5 miles on Monday. All I remembered was I only managed 3 miles on Tuesday, so I really pushed to get all my weekend miles run despite being dead tired yesterday. Well, no wonder I was tired! By the end of my long run last night, I had logged 49.3 miles! I'm not sure I've ever run that many miles in a week. Ooops! Here is the rest of Week Ten of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program.

Week Ten: 5/12/08 - 5/18/08
Ran: 7 days
Miles: 49.3
Long Run: 11.6 miles
Speedwork: 8 x 2:00 intervals/1:00 recovery. 4 miles @ tempo pace.
Found Money: $0.13

Into the pool today. Gotta give the legs a break. Good week. Getting closer to race day! Only 5 weeks left now.
Have a great week everybody!

1 comment:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

You totally amaze me, Etta. I am SO proud of you for training for this race. I can barely get enough motivation to go clothes shopping and here you are training for a marathon! YOU GO GIRL!!!



.