Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Week Fourteen Round-Up

Wow...hard to believe it's here, the beginning of my last week of training. The race is on Saturday, June 21. I just finished a pretty good week, so it's big-time taper time. I actually finished my week with a 5K race. I like to run a short race the week before a marathon or half-marathon to speed up my legs after all that long slow training. It also gives me an idea where I'm at, which was particularly crucial this week after my last two weeks of fatigue and stress. It went well. Averaged 7:15 per mile, and I think I may have had a little too much left at the end. I could tell I had missed some mileage and tempo runs, though. I've also been having some hip pain--the hip I've had surgery on twice--which is a bit disconcerting, so I may have to swim rather than run this week. But overall I'm feeling pretty good about my preparation, and I'm looking forward to the race. Here's the rest of the summary for Week Fourteen of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program.

Week 14: June 9-15, 2008
Ran: 5 days
Miles: 29.0
Long Run: 8.7
Speedwork: 3.1 mile race (22:33)
Swam: 25 minutes
Found Money: $0.38

Have a good week everyone!
Think fast thoughts for me on Saturday!

3 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Goooooooooooooooo Etta!! You can do it!!! Pace yourself, and know that we're here cheering for you!

Addiction Treatment said...

yes you can do it .

Micky said...

Recuperating from a broken relationship is one thing that takes a toll on most of the people. One very classic aftermath of a broken heart and a depressed mind especially for the boys is to seek solace in the company of alcohol. A broken heart, a depressed mind, and alcohol soaked physic usually go well, but in case you are going for anti depressants like xanax you better watch out! Antidepressants and alcohol do not gel well!



.