Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Week Thirteen Round-Up

A better week than last week, but still frustrated with fatigue. I did get both of my speed workouts done, but both way more difficult than I felt they should have been. And only two pennies on the ground all week...People are definitely picking up their pennies these days! Getting in the pool on Saturday helped my legs lose some of their heaviness. I hope I feel a little lighter and energetic this week. Here is the summary of Week Thirteen of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program.

Week 13: June 2-8, 2008
Ran: 4 days
Miles: 26.6
Long Run: 8.1 miles
Speedwork: 10 x 3 mins. hard with 1 min. recovery & 4 mi. tempo
Swam: 3/4 mile +
Found Money: $0.02

Low miles, but higher quality miles than last week. Only 13 days until race day!
Have a great week, everyone!

5 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Wow... 13 days... that sure has flown by fast!

I'm still here cheering you on! I'm so impressed that you're doing this. My version of a marathon is how many chocolate chip cookies my boys eat. ;-)

Bradley said...

You may not be thrilled with your results, but I sure am. Btw, if I lived on your route, I'd make sure I threw some change out on the path each day. I wouldn't tell you I'd done so, of course.

etta said...

awwww, Bradley...that is so very sweet! Thanks!

Beartwinsmom--CHOC-CHIP COOKIES??!! Oh man, where do you live?!! ;)

Addiction Treatment said...

only 13 days have left and you should be ready .

Tom in Cabo said...

I am with you all the way, on and off the course.

Tom



.