Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, June 2, 2008

Week Twelve Round-Up

Warning: This is going to be UGLY! With the exception of my running spiritual experience on Thursday prior to Puck's surgery, this was a brutal, hopeless week. The combination of stresses from Puck, my greedy menstrual cycle hormones, and a house under constant renovation (it seems) absolutely wiped me out. And then being wiped out caused me more stress!! I threw in the towel last night. I'm hoping Puck's slow recovery and the end of my frickin' period will release some much needed energy this week. Here's the ugliness that was Week Twelve of the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon Training Program:

Week 12: May 26 - June 1, 2008
Ran: 3 days (Ouch! That was hard to type!)
Miles: 27.9
Long Run: 11.3 miles
Speedwork: None.
Found Money: $0.13

Only 3 weeks until race day. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Wow. You have inCREDIBLE stamina.



.