Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blindsided!

I got blindsided by someone today. Totally blindsided...and it hurt. Still hurts. I like spontaneity and surprises, but not like this. I was expecting one thing to go one way, and bam! Totally shocked.

I'm racking my brain to see what I missed. How could I be so totally clueless that this unwanted shocker was on the way? Of course, my first thought was, "God, etta! What an idiot you are!" But now I don't think so. I still FEEL like an idiot, but I don't think I misread anything. I just got blindsided. It was cruel. It hurts. It sucks. And I'm having a hard time dealing with it.

Why are people mean?
Mean people suck.

2 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

I hate it when that happens, especially when you think you have a friendship with the mean person. It goes to show who your real friends are, doesn't it? It just shouldn't be done in such a hurtful way.

(((((Etta)))))

thestranger said...

I don't know why people are mean, but those who are definately suck. Sorry somebody was mean to you! Don't go kicking yourself for something somebody else did.



.