Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, August 4, 2008

long time gone

been a long time
many synapses successfully bridged
millions
until today

until now

sharp is less
pain
bloody
the same

can only hold
stem the tide
so
long

i am not the me
you
think
i am not the me
i
want
who am
i

slasher
failure
relief


failure
slasher
relief

bridges collapsed
synapses down
medic
needed

where's the wizard
i need
a
new
brain

too too late

No comments:



.