Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Quote About Moms.

This may be the quote of the year! I found it over at The Second Road on a very familiar post about mothers and daughters.

"...mothers know how to push our buttons because they're the ones who installed them."

I loved it so much, I thought I'd share.
Gotta smile once in awhile!

1 comment:

Jo Petra said...

Glad to have found this post. I sometimes worry about losing people inmy life because of the depression. Funny, when it's bad , it seems to spread to all areas of our lives. When we're better , others seem to be drawn back to us.
I think it would be great to learn some strategies to use when we're overcome with this disease. Some ways to successfully navigate the rough times and difficulties with our interpersonal relationships. I seem to be the common denominator in many of my relationship difficulties. And I would find it helpful to learn some skills so that I don't alienate others because of it We all need people and crave to be understood and accepted.



.