Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Puck's BACK! Mom's happy!

Big News!!
Puck's running again! He's had trouble gaining full flexion in his reconstructed knee, which means he's also had trouble re-building the muscles in that leg. Last week, I thought he'd finally gained enough muscle (from consistent swimming) that he'd be able to handle running again. He was SOOOOO excited when I grabbed his leash! I could feel him smiling the entire run. He was especially happy to see all the squirrels were still scampering about the neighborhood! Now, if only mom would let go of the damn leash...just for a second!

We've run together 3 times. He's not in the shape either of us are used to, so I'm limiting him to 2-3 miles for now. He gets pooped, but his leg seems to be holding up just fine. He's happy. I'm happy. It's so nice to be running with my boy again.

I am forever grateful for my vet's skillful intervention. I am grateful Puck is able to resume living the life he was accustomed to living. And I am grateful to all of you for your encouragement, prayers and support. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

6 comments:

Untreatable said...

Glad to hear you got your running partner back.

Clueless said...

What great new for the both of you!!!! Happy running! :-)

la said...

Go Puck!

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Hooray for Puck and Etta!!!! I wish I could give that sweet dog a treat. He has been through so much (and so has his Momma.)

Jennifer said...

Wonderful!

Clueless said...

Please, come check out today's post. There are things for you.



.