Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

waiting...

In this last week before my marathon, a time when only marathon, marathon, marathon typically occupies my brain, I have only other thoughts. My friend Jeannie is still hanging on. I'm not surprised. She's one resilient lady. She is surrounded by family and friends 24 hours a day. Her CaringBridge site is inundated with gushing praise, love, admiration and support. She's touched and changed lives from coast to coast. Recovery will do that, and she is a shining example of what living The Twelve Steps can do. I will miss her.

Addendum: My friend Jeannie quietly passed away just before 1:00 PM today. There is a hole in the world which cannot be filled. Give 'em hell up there, Jeannie. Until we meet again...

5 comments:

Bradley said...

I'm sending good vibes and prayers to your friend, Jeannie. I'm sending a lot to you too.

Keep coming back. :-)

mfranks said...

Im so sorry for your loss. Hang in there girl

Anonymous said...

I'm so so sorry . . .

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Oh Etta.... I wish I could be there to hug you in person and bring you a hotdish. Sending you and Jeannie's family love and prayers.

Running Hoosier said...

Etta,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Robert



.