Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, November 17, 2008

life moves on

this morning
it occurs to me.
no matter how i feel
no matter what i think
no matter if i want
life moves forward.

with or without me
life moves on.

whether i agree
or not.
whether i desire
or not.
whether i advance
or not.
life, it continues.

it does not inquire.
it does not linger.
it does not wait.
life scrambles on.
impervious.
oblivious.
impetuous.
life.

1 comment:

Bradley said...

Some days I literally look out my window to remind myself that despite my personal fears and feeling like my world is ending, that the world is still spinning outside.

Nice poem



.