Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gratitude List

Today I am grateful for:

  • My happy dog, Puck, laying here by my feet in front of the heater, content, and in no apparent discomfort despite his recent injuries
  • Unconditional love
  • My health
  • Running and the continuing motivation to train and compete
  • Mom and Bruce
  • My warm, comfortable home
  • The giddiness of a new relationship
  • Bill and Cindy, Dr. L., Deb, and Shawn--I wouldn't be alive without them
  • The Morning Show on Minnesota Public Radio
  • My ability to work at a job I enjoy
  • My ability to work, period
  • AA and the local recovery community
  • My sponsor, Kim
  • Sobriety

No comments:



.