Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's my BIRTHDAY!

Shameless self-promotion, but when one is single, letting people know it is your birthday seems imperative! Yes, it is my birthday today. I'm listening to MPR's Radio Heartland show, and they already played my birthday request, Bobby McFerrin's live version of The Wizard of Oz. If you haven't heard it...well, it's pretty incredible. I will try to link to it or put it on this blog later--if I can figure out how to do that! (any help out there greatly appreciated!) I'm still recovering from the flu, which is good because my social worker is about to take me out for breakfast. I think I had one real meal yesterday, so I think pancakes should go down okay this morning. I'm getting a little sick of ginger ale, pretzels, saltines, and popsicles! Anyway, happy birthday to me! The sun is shining and it may hit 10 degrees! What more could I ask for??
Happy day, everyone!

5 comments:

Running Through Time said...

Happy Birthday, I hope it is a wonderful one!

Jackal said...

Happy Birthday to you Etta!!!

la said...

Happy birthday Etta! and get well soon!

Shiv said...

Happy birthdayyyy!!

I'd sing for you, but I'm not that cruel :P

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Happy belated birthday!! I'm so sorry I missed it! I hope you're feeling better and that you still had a special day regardless of how you felt.

Love ya!!



.