Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life in the fast, yet meditative, lane?

I got to sleep in this morning! Whew… After weeks of 4:25 AM, getting up 4 hours later feels luxurious!

It’s been a few days since I’ve written here. I apologize for that. I’ve been busy, uh…meditating! Well, not really, for I still suck at meditation. I made it 10 minutes yesterday, but that was the first time I actually attempted meditating this week! Do any of you meditate? If so, I’d love to hear how you got started or what works for you.

I’m supposed to be doing this twice a day, ten minutes each time. It’s a requirement of this 40 days of yoga course I’m taking, and I’d really like to learn to do it. I just need to get over my reluctance to start, I guess. Discomfort–mental discomfort–is never my favorite state to explore. I realize I need to quit avoiding the initial discomfort if I hope to bring meditation into my life. And I do hope to bring it in. I am now convinced it will only improve my state of being. Like I said, if any of you have suggestions, I am all ears! Thanks!

No comments:



.