Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, January 26, 2009

The whole fruit and nothing but the fruit!

As part of my 40 days of yoga revolution, I am in the midst of a 3-day fruit fast. It's actually not a fast, more like a cleanse. Three days of nothing but fruit, which began today and ends Wednesday. It's going pretty well so far. In order to avoid a headache at work today, I did have one cup of coffee. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'll attempt to go sans coffee. Other than one coffee, I've had nothing but fresh fruit. It's been very interesting. Read more...

4 comments:

Fram said...

If you're still alive by the weekend, whistle.

I might then try this "body cleanse" technique myself.

More seriously, continued good luck throughout the 40 days ....

susan said...

I just found you but will be back to read more of you. I am in the process of getting a therapy dog for my own depression, and think you might be the blog to read about this. \

-Susan

etta said...

Hey Fram, thanks! Listen for my whistle tomorrow at midnight--the official end of my fruit fast.

Susan-- Welcome! Glad you are here.

etta said...

I've placed a link to the "40 Days" book, which we used to guide this program, in the right sidebar.



.