Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

A dog's life

I want my dog's life.
Naps.
Lots of naps.

I want my dog's life.
Joy.
Lots of joy.

I want my dog's life.
Curiousity.
Lots of curiousity.

I want my dog's life.
Anticipation.
Lots of anticipation.

I want my dog's life.
Play.
Lots of play.

I want my dog's life.
Trust.
Lots of trust.

I want my dog's life.
Touch.
Lots of touch.

I want my dog's life.
Love.
Lots of love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would be nice, wouldn't. Someone would feed me and clean up after me too!

I ran 10 miles today even though I was tired from a long work week and terrible stomach ache. But plowed thru it. I agree, running disciplines the mind and body. And is something we can accomplish if we cant in other areas of our life. And not everyone can.

I've told you before, but i want to say again. You're blogs are a true inspiration. You are an amazing person. It helps me to know others struggle (with depression) too and find ways to overcome. Thank you Angel!!

Creston

Meryl said...

i love dogs..hope i can have one soon... love your blog

www.mymeryl.com



.