Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

going down?

my elevator is plummeting.
i'm headed down.
don't come in.
one never knows where it will stop.

trying hard.
ran yesterday.
biked today.
but otherwise tired and sleep.
tired and sleep.
going down.

fatigue like a leaden cloak.
too heavy.
doors close.
darkness surrounds.
power cut.
elevator down.

1 comment:

dina marie said...

I have just read through your poetry. Your writings are so descriptive and powerful. I feel the words as if they are my own. Thanks for sharing.



.