Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Quotable Quotes

Three quotes which struck me this weekend:

Garrison Keillor on March in Minnesota: "March. The month God created so that people who don't drink would know what a hangover feels like."

Summarized from page 230 of The Big Book of AA: I discovered in pointing out the wrong attitudes and actions of others that I was really pointing out my own wrong attitudes and actions. If I expected others to change, I would have to work on changing myself, too.

Stephanie, yoga instructor extraordinaire: "Sometimes life is good. Sometimes, ahhhh... not so much."

No comments:



.