Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

still here

Raise your hand if you've cried during a run! (Yup, my hand is up--today.) Things are still really tough, yet I was able to force myself out for my long run today--only the third time I've run all week. I knew I'd feel even worse if I didn't accomplish that one thing, and that run is the only thing I accomplished today. Things are really tough. But I'm still here putting one foot in front of the other. One foot, and then the other foot, and then the first foot...right, left, right, left...

2 comments:

Emma said...

Have cried whilst running, and have cried hard in the shower. At the moment am trying REALLY hard not to worry, which is a little like not thinking about the large pink elephant standing in the middle of the room! Molly hasn't eaten since Wednesday night, although she is at least drinking a little. Daily contact with the vet, and more blood work tomorrow. She only received her two year all clear from the oncologist the end of December, so you will understand what I mean about pink elephants! Our four-pawed companions are so very precious. Fingers tightly crossed. Sometimes one foot in front of the other is the only way to go. Well done you!! Em

etta said...

Emma-
I will say a prayer for your pup. Good luck.



.