Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Thank you

Today my therapist and I were marveling over the brevity of my recent dive into depression's darkness. That discussion got me thinking. I have you readers to thank for that brevity. You guys wrote some very supportive comments after I posted about my worsening mood last week. Thank you so much. Feeling alone is a big part of my depression, but your comments reminded me I'm among many. Thanks again for your support. I hope I have half the effect on you as you have on me.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Thank YOU for your blog! It has helped me a lot to read your posts, as I have depression, an eating disorder, I love to run, and I love dogs. It's funny, on my own blog I've mentioned depression only a couple of times and eating disorder zero times. For some reason, it's hard to talk about openly, but it helps me a lot to hear from people who have some common ground. I can't believe your marathon times - that is so awesome! I am hoping to break five hours on my next one (January 2010). I did my first one a couple of weeks ago at about 5 1/2 hours.

Well, thanks again! Krystal



.