Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, December 18, 2009

42

It's my birthday. Guess how old I am? Old enough, that's for sure!

I'm actually kind of excited about this birthday. Usually, being a single person, I don't do much of anything for my birthday. But this year, I'm having two birthday events! Tonight I'm having dinner with several sober friends--I didn't even know I had several friends--and then we're going to a concert. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with my friend Renee and some other running pals. I'm anxious to get through work today so we can start celebrating.

I'm so fortunate to have all of these wonderful people in my life. With depression, it's often difficult to connect with others, or even to remember anyone cares. Today I'm feeling very grateful for the connections I've made, and for the people who care about me. I'm lucky, indeed.

4 comments:

Pictures of Journeys said...

Happy Birthday to you!

andygoose said...

Happy Birthday and have a great time at your multiple events!!!!

Remember that age only matters if you're cheese!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Google this phrase:

"the answer to life, the universe and everything"

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday!



.