Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, December 5, 2009

football, football, football

This is a great time of year to be a football fan. If I wanted, I could watch a game just about every day of the week. Saturdays are full of college games, and then I get to watch my awesome Vikings on Sundays. Today, I went to my morning AA meeting, which was quite good as usual. After the meeting I went swimming for 65 minutes before I came home to relax in front of some great football games!

Sixty five minutes of swimming is boring, but I covered 2 miles again (1 mile with flippers). I think wearing the flippers is strengthening my ankles and shins. That's exactly what I need to keep this tendinitis from coming back once I resume running. My left leg is pain free now, but I haven't tried to run yet. I think I will get back on the road by mid-week.

I still haven't heard anything about Puck's biopsy. The vet thought we'd have results by now. It's hard to wait. I pray there is nothing wrong with him. He's certainly not acting ill, but I know that doesn't always mean anything. He's so bored with me not running. He'll be thrilled when I start running again!

Well, I don't have much more to say. I'm grateful to be feeling well. Now, back to the game...

No comments:



.