Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A+ for the Weatherman!

It's been snowing and snowing and snowing all day long. I love it, although I may feel differently in a couple hours. I'm about to go outside and shovel the 6 inches in my driveway, and I have a long driveway! The way it's snowing now, there will be at least another 6 inches by morning.

The snow, or maybe the extra sleep I got last night, energized me today. I went for a 5.3 mile run with Puck this morning! Great news: No left leg or calf pain. Bad news: My right knee hurts! Can't win. After my AA meeting tonight, I swam for 30 minutes. Two workouts in one day. Not typical for me, but it worked today.

I love running in the snow. I love the noise running shoes make on snow. It's kind of a quiet squeaking noise. And I love watching Puck leave happy footprints in the white stuff. He was practically smiling throughout our run today. Unencumbered joy...that's my boy!

Speaking of my boy, I spoke to the vet tech today about his biopsy. Apparently the lab wants to slice the sample into smaller pieces for examination, so we won't know the results until later this week. Keep those prayers coming, please. I don't want him to be sick. I want him smiling and unencumbered for as long as possible!

2 comments:

Val said...

I know it is miserable waiting for those biopsy results, but the odds are it is a [noncancerous] epulis...
Very common in Labs!
"Dr J"

etta said...

Thanks, Val. I hope you are right!



.