Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, July 2, 2010

We're here

We arrived in Colorado yesterday afternoon after about 15 hours on the road. It was an uneventful drive, and we took our time doing it. As the sun comes up this morning, I am looking out over snow capped peaks and "purple mountains majesty." What makes them appear purple, I wonder? Actually, this morning, very early, a whole lower range appeared orange. It was strange and incredible. It certainly is beautiful out here.

Puck is loving the freedom of roaming the rocks, prairies and meadows. He's on a leash or tie-out at all times at home, so being free to roam is quite new to him. He's growing so old so fast these days, it's nice for me to see him gallivanting around. His ball days have been over since his second ACL repair two years ago, and I think his running days are coming to an end, too. (He injured his right wrist one month ago, and it hasn't been the same since.) I'm so grateful Bill and Cindy allowed him to come.

We've got no plans for the day. I really like that. Probably, we'll get in some fishing. I'm going to try to go for a short run. We're at 8000 feet, so 20 minutes up here can feel like 20 miles. I'm going to set my sights on 20 minutes and allow myself the freedom to be satisfied with that. If I do a little bit every day I'll be happy.

That's all for now. I'll post pics as I take them. Have a restful day!

1 comment:

NOS said...

Your vacation sounds lovely. I am very jealous.

I'm glad Puck is enjoying the fresh air. I don't know about you, but it makes me happy to see my dogs happy.

Have fun!

Wishing you well,
NOS



.