Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pooped out.

I'm feeling tired. I'm not sure if it's due to the hard race this past weekend, or if it's the result of many busy days in a row. After racing hard on Saturday, I worked 8.5 hours and swam 35 minutes on Sunday, and then I worked a full day again Monday. I'm typing here right now because I couldn't quite get out of bed for my strength training class this morning. (Unfortunately, Puck got me up within 20 minutes anyway, so I would have been better off getting my butt to the gym.) I did get my speed workout in yesterday, but much of the rest of the day was spent lounging or sleeping on the sofa. I'm not panicking, just observing. It makes sense to me that I'm tired. I just don't care much for the feeling.

I'm smack in the middle of marathon training, so tired is a normal state of being at this time. I'm scheduled to run my first 20-miler this week, and I may do that tomorrow. I may do it Thursday because there is a 10K race I'd like to run on Saturday. Maybe that's dumb, or too much, but if the weather is decent, it's a fun race. If the weather is crappy, I'll likely skip it. Anyway, I'm going to be running 20 no matter what.

I found out my official results from Saturday's race. I was a little surprised. Despite my disappointing time, I finished 6th of 102 women in my age division. I was the 41st woman overall, and I think there were around 500 women in the race. Both results made me feel a little better about my effort.

Well, I need to wake up now and get ready for work. A second cup of coffee is calling my name. My body is tired, but my mood remains stable and good. I'm very grateful for that. Have a great day!

No comments:



.