Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lazy day

I'm feeling quite lazy today, and I'm okay with that. Although I started the day as usual with my morning meeting and a tempo run, I'm whipped right now. I'm just up from my nap but still not awake. Nothing a little coffee can't fix, I'm sure. I hope. Overall, I'm continuing to feel less sad, although I'm not going to go to church tomorrow. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't want to chance it. I'll go back again, but not tomorrow. I'm enjoying feeling better, and I want to keep it that way.

Tonight will be another test of the sadness-after-leaving-an-event issue. I'll be attending the track club banquet tonight. I think I'm actually getting an award. I believe another runner and I tied for our age group grand prix award. It's given to the top point getter (first place=10 points, second=9 points, etc...) in a series of races run throughout the year. It's kind of neat to finish in the top three, although I am by far NOT the best runner in my age group! By far... I'll be on guard for the sadness afterwards.

I'm three weeks away from the Austin Marathon now. No wonder I'm feeling lazy. I just finished three weeks of heavy training. Dah! I'm looking forward to a lightening load of training from now until race day. I can't believe I'll soon be running my second marathon in three months, and then I have Boston just two months after that. I think the training has really helped me get through these dark days of winter. I function so much better when I have a goal.

Okay, my coffee is done. I'm going to try to wake up and take Puck for a walk. He's not a fan of my laziness. But you know, sometimes it's nice just to lounge. After all the financial stress I've been through lately, it feels really comforting to me today. I hope all of you are being as productive or as non-productive as you wish today. Take care!

No comments:



.