Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back in the Northwoods

I've been on vacation over the long Fourth of July weekend. I'm back up in the Northwoods of Wisconsin visiting my parents and my new friend, D. The weather has been as gorgeous as the weather could possibly be. I've been boating, waterskiing, biking, grilling out, and watching parades. I've spent time getting to know D. better, and we've had a really nice time. It sucks that we live more than 5 hours apart, but we've both decided to give this relationship a shot anyway. I'm on my way home today. Feeling good. I'll post more once I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! (((HUGE SMILE))


:) Maggie



.