Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Productive weekend

I've had a successfully productive weekend. It started at 4:45 AM yesterday morning with my 20 mile long run. As I predicted, it went well. I did hit the wall at mile 19, but until then the hours clicked by relatively quickly. It was a bit steamy outside. I was soaking wet. Even my shoes were soaked from the sweat running down my legs. They squished with every step. Regardless, I tolerated the humidity and ran well. It was a good training run.

Today I hit the pool and cleaned up my yard. Puck woke me at 5:30 AM, even though I had planned to sleep in. I swam for 35 minutes. It felt good to stretch out in the pool. Then I mowed my yard and pulled weeds for what felt like hours! I had monster weeds growing up through the cracks in my sidewalk. I'm still trying to clean the dirt out from under my nails! At least my house looks presentable from the curb now.

My mood has been good, but I'm a little anxious today. I actually had to take a prn medication to calm down. I've been thinking and worrying about next weekend, which I will be spending with my new friend D. We've got a long weekend scheduled, and I'm excited to see him. I'm trying to stay in the moment now and stop the worry thoughts. I think it's going to be a long week leading up to the weekend. I'll have to really work hard to take one day at a time. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Jojesek said...

I'm sure you'll be fine. Like you said one day at a time. Have fun.

Kinza said...

Etta, if you are nervous about telling D about depression, don't tell him then. Hugs!

Adam Glenn said...

Glad to hear your mood is doing well. I'll bet having such a productive weekend was helpful too!



.