Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Working and Running

I'm not sure what to write about today, as there is nothing special going on right now. Although it has been pouring, and I mean pouring, rain all day. I'm sure there is major flooding going on all around the area. I don't think I've ever seen it rain this hard for this long. We were almost flooded out of our office at work today. Twice the rain over-powered the outdoor drains and water came pouring into the basement, which is where our office is located. It was a mess.

Speaking of work, it's been very busy lately. We've been admitting patients left and right. It's okay for now, but if it keeps up, it's going to get overwhelming. I'm still having moments of low confidence there, but that's getting better. We've got some medically complicated patients right now, so I'm having to call on a lot of skills I haven't used in awhile. It's probably good for me. In the end, it will hopefully make me more confident rather than less.

I ran painfree yesterday. It was a short run, but I was still glad it was painfree. I've got 18 miles scheduled for tomorrow morning. When it stops raining, it's supposed to get unbearably hot, so I plan to start at dawn. I hope I can do the 18 painfree, too.

Other than that, life continues moving forward. My mood remains good. I saw my MD yesterday, and we're slowly decreasing some of my meds. A few of my meds were increased when I was in the hospital a couple months ago. I'd like to get back to pre-hospital levels, so that's where we're heading...very slowly. I'm grateful to be well. I'm grateful to be working and running. I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful too Etta......

Maggie Beth



.