Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A new honor

If you are a regular here, you may have noticed the new badge atop this blog. Apparently, Healthline.com has named me to their list of the 18 Best Depression Blogs of 2012. I'm very honored and grateful for the recognition. I hope the link above works. Unfortunately, there seems to be some glitch with my computer, and I haven't been able to read the article yet!

It's always nice to be recognized. I've been working on this blog for 4+ years now. Reducing the stigma surrounding depression and other mental illnesses has always been my goal. Recognition by sites like this will help get my voice out there, and that's more valuable to me than any badge will ever be. A big thank you to Healthline.com, and a bigger thank you and to all of my readers. You're the reason I'm here, and my efforts would be futile without all of you.

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Congratulations! That is a real honor, and you deserve it. You write so honestly and openly about your battle with depression, and you're helping more people than you probably even realize.

Note: I clicked on the link and was unable to read the full article, just the first couple of paragraphs. So it's not just your computer.

Anonymous said...

Etta - While I sincerely regret the reason this blog even came to exist ~ I am so proud of you! Using your "super powers" of blogging you have become a voice for those who live the unimaginable! I've told you before - and I'll tell you again ~ You are one of my hero's....now even more people can find out why......Congratulations!

Maggie!!



.