Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Grandma's Photo

So much gloominess in my blog lately, I thought I'd add at least one smiling photo from Grandma's Marathon 2012. This was taken by my brother around mile 16, I think. My two nephews (ages 6 and 3) made me smile with their homemade signs that said, "Go Auntie! Faster, Faster!!" I saw them 5 more times over the course of the race. It was great having their support. They were definitely the bright spot of an otherwise disappointing day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should feel proud of your GMA Marathon results. Many other folks would have bagged it early and caught the bus. Congrats for trying new things, sticking it out and running past Club Saratoga. I thought you looked pretty strong at mile 20 but perhaps the pink hair obstructed my vision.

etta said...

Thanks for being out there for me, pinky!



.