Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Better

Things are looking up around here. I'm moving ahead. While I'm not quite back to full strength, I am feeling better every day. I've been able to run, work, do my chores, and meet with friends on a fairly consistent basis over the past 4 days. I'm grateful to be feeling more like myself again. And I'm especially grateful this episode did not last very long. If felt like forever when I was in the midst of it, but I know it could have been a lot, lot worse.

I'm not sure what else I have to report. I'm glad I'm doing better, because work has been long and busy the last several days, including today. I worked 9.5 hours on Friday, 8 hours yesterday, and 8.5 more today. In between I ran 15 miles on Saturday. I'm so glad I didn't have more than 15 miles scheduled, as my legs were really dead. It was a tougher than usual 15 miles, and I was glad to be done. I took a long snooze after that one.

I guess fatigue is the one lingering effect from this depression relapse. That hasn't really gotten better yet. It was really noticeable during and after Saturday's run, but it's been pretty significant every day. I'm tired. Just tired. I'm hoping the fatigue will abate soon. In the meantime, I'll keep sleeping...a lot.

Thank you all for your comments and support over the past couple weeks. I so appreciate everyone who reads my little blog. And your comments really did make a huge difference during this time.

7 comments:

dreambigrunner.com said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better! I just wanted to say, I'm glad I found your blog! It really helps me with my depression. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear! Hope fatigue gets better, too. Sounds like busy days though!
Nancy

ruby-tuesday said...

I'm glad to read you are feeling better,
I don't always comment but I read and can identify a lot

Sending you love x

jim said...

It is much more than a "little" blog, Etta. A whole lot more.

Erica said...

So happy to hear that you're back on your feet and the air is clear. I can definitely relate to the fatigue; I get struck with that on a near-daily basis, regardless of having an episode or not.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I've very glad you're feeling better. It sounds like you're very busy, and I know that's hard when you're fatigued. I hope that gets better as well. Take care!

Stationary Runner said...

So glad you're feeling better and that this episode of depression didn't drag on any longer. :-)



.