Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, October 12, 2012

Back to life

I'm back at my life and feeling really tired tonight. I think it will be an early bed time for me. It's been a busy week of work, recovering from the marathon, and beginning to ready myself for the New York City Marathon, which is now only 3 weeks away.

I plan to run anywhere from 13 to 16 miles tomorrow. It will depend on how I feel. I ran 7 miles yesterday. My legs were hollering at me a bit. Five miles probably would have sufficed. But I recovered well, and I even lifted some light weights tonight after work. I'm actually looking forward to my long run tomorrow. I hope my legs cooperate.

My mood continues to cooperate. It remains good. I haven't noticed any post-marathon dip so far. Keeping that dip from happening is the main reason I'm anxious to run long tomorrow.

Work has also been going well. I'm feeling comfortable, most of the time, and I think I've actually helped a few patients along the way! My co-workers are great people. We have a lot of fun and laugh a lot throughout the day. I appreciate that. I'm needing to work extra hours in order to stay on top of my budget, but so far that's working out okay, and I seem to be tolerating it well.

That's basically it for today. I'm doing well. I'm grateful. And I'm grateful for you readers. Thanks! I appreciated all of your support on my recent marathon journey. Let the next journey begin!

4 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you, with no post-marathon dip. Work sounds like it's enjoyable, and I'm sure you're helping a lot of patients. Good luck on your long run tomorrow! :-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a great change in atmosphere for you in your new job! That makes such a difference. Hope you don't have to add too many hours. Good luck with your continued training.
Nancy

dreambigrunner.com said...

Life is good! Very happy for you :)

Bitter Chocolate said...

Congratulations on the marathon and good luck with the next one! I admire how active you are, I should definitely start moving more!



.