Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life is Good

Hello, and Happy Wednesday! I had a long work day today, but I got my nap in after work, and now I'm feeling fine. I'm tapering big time this week, so I've been resting on my non-running days, including today. Tomorrow I have a short 3-4 mile run scheduled, and I'll probably do a couple slow miles on Saturday as a final tune-up. Did I mention I'm running a marathon on Sunday?

Life is moving along smoothly. The financial stress I mentioned last week was relieved slightly with a paycheck I received yesterday. My regular job pays me on Friday, and I've got several extra hours coming on that check, so hopefully my relief will be even greater then. I'm working some extra hours this week, too. I think extra hours will be a fact of life far into the future, and as long as I remain stable, that's perfectly fine with me.

I've not much else to say tonight. I'm feeling good. Life is good. I hope for nothing but the same for you.

3 comments:

dreambigrunner.com said...

Good luck for your marathon!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you, Etta. And good luck on Sunday! I hope you have fun and a great run! :-)

Stationary Runner said...

:-) So glad to hear it.

Enjoy your taper!



.