Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

And we're off!

I am writing from D's house in Milwaukee. I just arrived here after a full day of work. We are off to Mexico first thing tomorrow morning. I am so excited! I can't wait to spend 5 full days with D. I think that will count as the longest streak of consecutive days spent together in our entire relationship! I am looking forward to warm sun, warm sand, and warm ocean water in which to relax. I don't really care if we do anything else once we get there. I'm just looking forward to being there together. Of course, I did bring my running shoes, but so did he, so we will even be able to do that together. I will try to update my blog while there, but if you don't hear from me, have no fear. I will fill you in as soon as I get back! Take care, my friends!

8 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful and relaxing trip!

Vivian Becnel said...

In depression you also have to fight for it. You need to help yourself so that you won't remain on that situation. I know it can be hard for them but, will complete family support system and good treatment, you can really surpass it.

midnight rainbow said...

Sounds wonderful!! Have a great time!!

dreambigrunner.com said...

ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you! Have a wonderful trip! Also, congrats on the lab puppy - he will have a great home with lots of love!
Nancy

Erica said...

So excited for you, etta, that you can get away with someone you care about and who obviously cares about you! Enjoy your time together, and stay safe!

Stationary Runner said...

Enjoy! That sounds absolutely wonderful.

Gerald Bouthner said...

I love your positive approach in dealing with depression. I finally learned after many years to subscribe to the same philosophy.

Appreciating my new found strengths post depression instead of dwelling on the strengths that faded when depression hit me like a bag of bricks.

Hope you are having a blast in Mexico!



.