Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Ripple Effect

When did I get so busy? Oh my! I made a decision to go see D in Milwaukee this weekend, which means leaving for the 4 hour drive after work on Friday. Typically, I use the Thursday before I leave, which is usually my day off, to clean my house, do my laundry, pack Jet and I for the trip, and go for my hard run. But for some reason, I agreed to work tomorrow morning, at a building which is an hour west of here, and then I have a late afternoon, early evening continuing education class at a building which is an hour east of here! In between, I need to fit in my hard run. I have no idea when I'll clean, do laundry, or pack!

Of course, I could have done some of those things today, but this also happens to be the first week of my evening exercise class, which left me with little time tonight. In fact, after a long day at work today, I arrived home late, fell asleep on my sofa and almost missed my class! Oh, and I'm taking care of my friend's fish tank this week, which is not a big deal, but it's another jaunt down the road I must squeeze into each day. The decision to go away for the weekend has resulted in a ripple effect of busy-ness. I'm a little overwhelmed and slightly concerned, but so far I guess I'm managing fairly well. Now, if I could just find some clean clothes and a moment to pack them!

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Oh, I get in situations like that, too. It all seems to pile in at once. I agree to things not realizing that there will be a ripple effect. Just hold on to the thought that you and Jet are going away for a great weekend! :-)

dreambigrunner.com said...

cleaning is overrated! :) I hope the thought of seeing D will get you through it all and you will have a nice weekend!



.