Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Still glowing

The experience of Sunday's marathon is still with me. I suppose I could be accused of hanging onto the glow a bit too long, but I don't care. I am still so pleased with how I ran. I'm pleased I stuck to my plan and ran conservatively early, which allowed me to run fast at the end. I'm pleased I felt good throughout the run. I'm pleased the entire race felt fairly easy. And I'm really pleased with the result! I hope I feel this good after Grandmas Marathon next month.

I am feeling more confident about the possibility of running well at Grandmas now. If I train smart between now and then, I hope to run a personal best. I think that's a realistic goal, so I'm going to go for it. That will mean less fun and more pain, but if I can do it, I may glow for a whole week afterward!

I just got in from my first run since the marathon. I went 9 miles, which was probably 3 miles too far based on how tired my legs were during the last few miles. They were probably a little tired already, as I went to my kettlebell class last night and got a heck of a workout!

It's actually nice to sit down. It's my day off, and I've had a very busy day full of appointments and cleaning and errands. But my laundry is done, my house is clean, my refrigerator is full, and my errands are run. It's nice to have a day off during the week to do all of these things. I like being productive. It's very satisfying.

Well, that's all I've got for now. My mood remains good. Things are going well. Life goes on. Keep moving forward, my friends.

1 comment:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Feel that glow as long as you want to! And I hope your training will continue to go well.

I like having a day off during the week, too. Since I dropped to 32 hours a week at my job, I can usually have Thursdays off. I've been off on vacation this week, and I'm enjoying every bit of it!



.