Depression Marathon Blog

My Photo
Diagnosed with depression 13 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Why DONATE? Read: Asking for Help, post from 12/04/2013. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Still ill

I do not have much to report tonight. I am still quite ill. In fact, I may head to the doctor tomorrow if things don't improve. I have worked all week, but it hasn't been fun or easy. I have little to no voice, which is comical when trying to communicate with my elderly patients who generally do not hear well anyway. I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow. I plan to rest, rest and rest some more.

Other than this viral illness, the rest of my body recovered very well from the marathon. I had little soreness and could have easily resumed running within 1-2 days. I haven't run yet, but it's been due to my chest congestion rather than sore muscles. I'm looking forward to getting back on the road, but I'll hang out until this virus clears first. It's now time for me to head back to bed. Sleep seems to be the best thing I can do right now. Hopefully I'll be feeling better and have a little more to say when we visit again in a few days.

2 comments:

tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi Etta,

Healthline editors recently published their final list of the top depression blogs on the web for 2013 and Depression Marathon made the list. You can find the complete list at http://www.healthline.com/health-slideshow/best-depression-blogs (in no particular order). We encourage you to share your newfound status as one of the best blogs on the web with your friends, family, & followers.

We also created a set of badges you can easily embed on your site & anywhere else you see fit:

http://www.healthline.com/health/28160

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Congratulations!

Warm Regards,
Tracy

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Etta, I hope you feel better soon. You're doing the right thing to get as much rest as possible.

Congrats on the blog recognition!!



.