Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

V is for Vacation!

It's early morning, and I am getting ready for work. I work 6 hours today prior to taking off for D's lake home in Wisconsin. I can't wait to get going. Although packing is not my favorite thing to do, and doing so kept me up late last night, tired, I am nonetheless ready to go. My vehicle is stuffed with dog kennel, dog food, dog beds, dog towels, dog treats, dog toys, dog tie-out, and even a doggy life vest. I've got a medium-sized SUV, and there's barely a spot left for my suitcase! I'll try to post while away. Unless I totally collapse in the sunshine, I may even share some pictures. Although I won't object if I do collapse under the sun. Until we meet again, have a great day, friends!

2 comments:

Crystal Duncan said...

I've been looking for other blogs about depression and ran across yours. I write a blog called Finding Crystal. I will be bookmarking your blog.

dreambigrunner.com said...

Sounds wonderful!! Enjoy!!



.