Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Back on my feet

Just a brief post this evening, as I am wiped out from a busy last 3 days. I am back in the swing of things. The knock down I experienced at the end of last week only kept me down for a couple of days. By late Friday evening I was feeling lighter, and I was back on course by Saturday.

In fact, I ran 20 miles Saturday morning in absolutely perfect, beautiful weather. That certainly helped begin the weekend on the right foot. I stayed busy with errands and chores the rest of Saturday, as I had to work Sunday. My mood was good, and I had the energy to get done what needed to be done.

After working 9 hours Sunday, I took an hour to put my feet up and enjoy Jet's comedic antics, and then I ran 8 miles. Those were very tough miles. My legs were tired! But I persevered and then got to bed early before another 9 hour work day today. My kettlebell and suspension training class tonight was tougher than usual. I was fatigued, but I did what I could.

Now I've got my feet are up. I'm watching my favorite team, the Minnesota Twins, and enjoying a cup of decaf, as I gather my thoughts and prepare myself for tomorrow's schedule. I've got 10 miles to run before heading off to work mid-morning. Hopefully I'll have enough energy after work to attend my evening AA meeting. I think I'm due. But I'll worry about that tomorrow.

I'm doing well. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I'm grateful to be feeling better.

3 comments:

Possibly Depressed Male said...

Damn. I'm tired just reading about everything you did. Way to go. I got on my bike this weekend for the first time in about 9 months. Hopefully I'll stay motivated like you.

Andy said...

Glad to hear you're doing better, Etta. I was doing well for a bit myself (about 2 weeks), but the past few days have been brutal, so I can relate. You seem to have a deep well of internal fortitude, which is inspiring to me. I have no doubt you'll be OK.

Kelly said...

I tried to post a comment, and got an error....hopefully this isn't a repeat.

I was just saying that I'm glad to hear that you had a good, productive weekend.



.