Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Little change

I truly have nothing new to report tonight. I'm exhausted. I've had three long, very busy days of work in a row, with another on the horizon tomorrow. Work has been good, even fun, but spending so many hours with debilitated patients with multiple needs is fatiguing. I've only been home for about an hour and a half tonight, and I'm already preparing for bed. I did get my 6-mile run in before work this morning, but GI distress made it quite challenging and frustrating. Speaking of frustrating, my mood continues to challenge, too. Unfortunately, there's been little change.

I apologize. I feel less than inspiring tonight. I'm trying to be patient. Everything is temporary, so I know change is on the way. I'm tired, but I have yet to give up. I guess that's encouraging. Hopefully I'll have more positive news in a few days. Thanks for listening, my friends.

3 comments:

Kai said...

Hang in there! You have sounded so positive a few weeks ago and life seemed really good. I guess it's the normal bumby ride, so in a few days you will be looking back wondering what was going on. This, too, shall pass!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Give yourself time. You're doing what you need to do, and things will change, will get better.

And please know that you're inspiring by sharing the good and the not-so-good--that's depression.

Possibly Depressed Male said...

Your blog is my "go to" place to get some motivation to run, so keep it up. I'm always humbled by how much you manage to get done. Glad things are going well.



.