Depression Marathon Blog

My Photo
Diagnosed with depression 13 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Readmitted

I am back within the confines of my local mental health hospital. I was re-hospitalized yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, though my mood seems somewhat improved, and I've even had a bit more energy to expend, my thinking is off the rails. My brain is broken.

I don't have a lot more to report today. To say I am discouraged is a massive understatement. I am so discouraged and depleted right now. I know this episode has to eventually pass. I know it can't last forever. But the depths of and length of this bout of depression has been beyond anything I've experienced in the past. I am praying for resolution. I am praying to hang on until I am returned from the abyss and able to resume my life once again. Keep moving forward with me, my friends. And thank you for your continued support.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you love and light, Etta. I am also going through an episode of depression that seems endless. But I know that both of us will get through to the other side. Thank you for sharing your journey.

Sunita

Robyn (RedDogGirl) said...

You are not alone. You are incredibly brave. You are so very loved.

Annie said...

I have gone through this I know how hard it is, I though I would never get better, but I did.

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Etta, I'm thinking of you. You are very brave and courageous to get the help you need and keep fighting. You're in my prayers.

Gail said...

You are now into the miles of an ultramarathon. And, you will complete the long gruelling event. I check in on you every day hoping for news that you are on the home stretch. Seems you are visiting a few medical tents along the route. Keep pushing, keep fighting, keep living! You so deserve to feel peace in your life. Hoping you have spark in you to take your blog to publishing as it is a life story of hope and determination so very worth sharing!
xxxx

jim said...

From one broken brain to another, it isn't permanent. You will prevail, you will improve. You just will. And we are all here for you.



.