Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Continuing forward

I'm continuing to put one foot in front of the other today. I'm keeping it simple and focusing on each moment. I worked a few hours, napped, ran 10 miles, and napped again. The fatigue is frustrating, but at least I'm still moving forward and accomplishing what I need to accomplish.

I had a long weekend alone complete with a dip in my mood. I shouldn't spend so much time alone, and I know that, but it still takes a maximum amount of energy for me to get out and socialize, so I often don't. I didn't expend the energy over the weekend, and I paid for it with a slow descent of my mood.

My mood was still a little low when I awoke this morning, but being around people, working and running all helped. I'm glad, actually, that I did have to work this morning. It forced me to get up, shower, and get out of the house. I needed that.

And that's all I have to report today. I'm looking forward to a simple, quiet evening with Jet. He makes me smile (and laugh), and that's always helpful. Don't know what I'd do without him...

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Hi, Etta. I took a blog break and am just getting back. I'm glad for your steps forward. It sounds like you are taking that "next right action."

My cat makes me smile and laugh too. He is such a comfort and blessing!

Danae said...

So inspired by your amazing strength and courage. The challenges presented by depression are horrible, but your hard work and determination in meeting them are awesome. Keep up the great work!



.