Depression Marathon Blog

My photo
Diagnosed with depression 16 years ago, I lost the life I once knew, but in the process re-created a better me. I am alive and functional today because of my dog, my treatment team, my sobriety, and my willingness to re-create myself within the confines of this illness. I hate the illness, but I'm grateful for the person I've become and the opportunities I've seized because of it. I hope writing a depression blog will reduce stigma and improve the understanding and treatment of people with mental illness. All original content copyright to me: etta. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

No work

I'm struggling with what to write here today. I don't have anything new or interesting to report. Life is slowly moving forward. I say slowly because I've been bored thus far this week. I have not worked since last Wednesday, and that was only for a couple of hours. And I'm not scheduled to work the rest of the week either. Things are slow at the rehab facility and at the hospital, so there has been no need for extra help. While working did make me anxious, it was better than sitting home when I'm feeling well enough to be working. I'd much rather be dealing with my anxiety today.

That being said, I have been running as scheduled, going to meetings, and catching up on a bit more housework. My energy has been better, which is another reason I've been frustrated by not working. I've had plenty of time to nap, but I haven't needed to nap! Go figure. I'm not complaining. It is what it is, and like everything else, it's temporary. I'm grateful my mood and energy have been better than they were. Wouldn't it be nice if that were permanent? I can hope.

2 comments:

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I'm glad your energy is better. And you are doing what you need to do. That's all you can ask of yourself.

CH said...

Good to see you are moving forward, that is the most important thing.



.